One killed, two injured as India resorts to excessive shelling along LoC
KOTLI - Indian forces violated the ceasefire regulation once again and targeted Pakistani areas along the Line of control here on Thursday.
According to a foreign office spokesperson, 18-year-old Muhammad Rizwan lost his life as Indian border guards shelled different sectors including Sabzkot, Khuiratta, Baron, Bagsar & Khanjar.
Two of the civilians were left critically injured as a result of Indian aggression. They were identified as Wilayat Bibi and Abdul Aziz. They were rushed to district headquarters (DHQ) hospital in the neighbouring Mirpur district.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) in Kotli district Chaudhry Zulqarnain Sarfraz said there had been intense shelling through the night, but the intensity had receded in the morning.
“A mortar shell pierced through the concrete roof of one house in Sabzkot village at about 2 am, killing one and injuring two others while they were asleep,” added police official.
The heavily militarised LoC has seen numerous incidents of ceasefire violation by the two nuclear-armed neighbours. The relationship between India and Pakistan has become fraught again after Pakistan army sentenced Raw spy Kulbushan to death.
Earlier this month, Modi administration alleged that Pakistan army troops had killed two Indian soldiers and mutilated their bodies in Buttal sector (Indian Krishna Ghatti Sector). However, Pakistan rubbished the allegations.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020