China may deploy world's smallest nuclear reactor for South China Sea Islands
The device would be capable of generating 10 megawatts of heat, which, if converted into electricity, would be enough to power about 50,000 households, according to the report.
Research was reportedly conducted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Nuclear Energy Safety Technology in Hefei, Anhui province. The research program is partially funded by the People’s Liberation Army.
The researchers reportedly admitted that the technology is similar to compact nuclear reactors used on Soviet submarines back in the 1970s. China seems to be the first to be planning to use such technology ashore. Previously, China considered the construction of conventional floating power plants to generate energy for the South China Sea islands.
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pemra warns TV channels of action for airing ‘propaganda ...11:18 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Court grants two-day remand of Shahbaz Gill in sedition case10:15 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022