Implement PTI's policies or pack up, info minister warns bureaucrats
Talking to reporters outside the Parliament House, the minister said that it was not the job of bureaucrats to formulate policies, saying the prime minister has given a clear message to the bureaucracy.
'Those having differences with our policies can get themselves separated from the government, the minister said, as he defended the move to remove Punjab Inspector General, Muhammad Tahir.
The lawmaker also took aim at the Election Commission of Pakistan for suspending the government’s notification regarding appointment of Amjad Saleemi terming the ECP’s stay order 'illegal'.
Establishment Division asks ECP to withdraw its ... 04:13 PM | 10 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - The Establishment Division on Wednesday asked the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to withdraw a ...
'The government had removed the Punjab IGP after he failed to show progress on the directives of the prime minister in connection with the Model Town killings case despite a passage of 10 days.,' claimed the minister.
'PTI enjoyed people’s mandate and since there was a parliamentary system in the country, the bureaucrats were bound to respect the elected representatives,' Chaudhry said.
He highlighted that the bureaucrats had developed some personal affiliations over the years.
The minister also criticised the opposition's stance on the arrest of Shehbaz Sharif by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) adding that cases against Shahbaz Sharif had not been initiated by the PTI government.
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women's T20I rankings07:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022