World’s longest commercial flight takes-off from Singapore
SINGAPORE – Singapore Airlines has launched the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight.
The services start from today and fly between Singapore and New York and travel a distance of approximately 16,700km and will take about 18 hours and 45 minutes.
The flight, QR22 will depart from Singapore Changi International Airport on 11:35 pm (local time) and arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport on 6:00 am (local time).
Singapore Airlines Flight, SQ22 will use the long-range Airbus A350-900ULR, configured to carry 161 passengers - 67 in business class and 94 in premium economy.
The flight crew includes two first officers and 13 strong cabin contingent, according to airline every cabin crew member getting a mandatory minimum four hours' rest.
Singapore Airlines currently has 21 A350-900s in its fleet and has 46 more on order with manufacturer Airbus.
The new flight of 16,700km will eclipse the current longest flight by Qatar Airways from Auckland to Doha, which covers 14,535km.
- China expresses grief over Pakistan plane crash04:22 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020