World’s longest commercial flight takes-off from Singapore
The services start from today and fly between Singapore and New York and travel a distance of approximately 16,700km and will take about 18 hours and 45 minutes.
The flight, QR22 will depart from Singapore Changi International Airport on 11:35 pm (local time) and arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport on 6:00 am (local time).
Singapore Airlines Flight, SQ22 will use the long-range Airbus A350-900ULR, configured to carry 161 passengers - 67 in business class and 94 in premium economy.
The flight crew includes two first officers and 13 strong cabin contingent, according to airline every cabin crew member getting a mandatory minimum four hours' rest.
Singapore Airlines currently has 21 A350-900s in its fleet and has 46 more on order with manufacturer Airbus.
The new flight of 16,700km will eclipse the current longest flight by Qatar Airways from Auckland to Doha, which covers 14,535km.
- Sharjah builds on its FDI appeal in 2020; attracts $220 million in ...04:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aman-2021 – Pakistan Navy set to hold 7th Multinational Maritime ...02:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik finally reveal the name of their baby girl01:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal House announces schedule for Bakhtawar-Mahmood wedding05:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021