World’s longest commercial flight takes-off from Singapore
The services start from today and fly between Singapore and New York and travel a distance of approximately 16,700km and will take about 18 hours and 45 minutes.
The flight, QR22 will depart from Singapore Changi International Airport on 11:35 pm (local time) and arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport on 6:00 am (local time).
Singapore Airlines Flight, SQ22 will use the long-range Airbus A350-900ULR, configured to carry 161 passengers - 67 in business class and 94 in premium economy.
The flight crew includes two first officers and 13 strong cabin contingent, according to airline every cabin crew member getting a mandatory minimum four hours' rest.
Singapore Airlines currently has 21 A350-900s in its fleet and has 46 more on order with manufacturer Airbus.
The new flight of 16,700km will eclipse the current longest flight by Qatar Airways from Auckland to Doha, which covers 14,535km.
- Pakistan and India meet again as ICC announces fixtures for T20 World ...09:44 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s daily Covid cases pass 7000-mark for first time09:22 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:54 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 January 202208:32 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran updates Bill Gates on Pakistan's fight against polio, ...08:16 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021