Man jailed for 8-year on blackmailing ex-fiancee
ISLAMABAD - An Anti-Cyber Crime Court (ACCC) Friday awarded an eight-year imprisonment sentence to an accused person in a case pertaining to uploading of immoral pictures of a girl on social media.
ACCC Judge Tahir Mehmood announced the imprisonment sentence to the accused along with Rs0.5 million fine. The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had registered a case against the accused Muhammad Sajjad on charges of blackmailing his ex-fiancee and uploading her immoral pictures on social medial.
The complainant stated that the accused had maligned her character which led to the termination of her Nikah before ‘rukhsati’. The court announced the sentence to the accused under Sections
20 and 21.
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019