Nawaz Sharif produced before NAB court in Chaudhry mills case
LAHORE – Former premier Nawaz Sharif was produced before the accountability court in Lahore today (Friday) over money laundering accusations in Chaudhry Sugar Mills reference.
According to media details, a large number of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers and senior leaders including Ahsan Iqbal and Marriyum Aurangzeb have gathered outside the court to show solidarity with Nawaz Sharif.
Stringent security measures have been taken to avoid any untoward situation on the occasion.
The National Accountability Bureau (NBA) has requested for Nawaz's physical remand in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
Earlier, the accountability court had extended judicial remand of PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz and managing director at Sharif Group of Industries Yousaf Abbas for 14 days in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
Nawaz is currently incarcerated in Kot Lakhpat Jail after his conviction in the Al-Aziza Steel Mills reference.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019