PM Imran vows to bring down food prices in Pakistan from tomorrow
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that his government will have its strategy in place and action will begin from tomorrow using all state organisations and resources to bring down food prices.
In a tweet, he said the government is already examining the causes of price hike, to see whether there is a genuine supply shortage or simply hoarding by mafias or smuggling.
Starting Monday in coming week, our govt will use all the resources at the disposal of the state to bring down food prices. We are already examining causes of the price hikes: whether there is a genuine supply shortage or simply hoarding by mafias; smuggling, if any;— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) October 10, 2020
"We are also examining the causes of price rise due to international prices such as for palm oil, lentils and others.
Starting Monday in coming week, "we will have our strategy in place & action will begin using all state organisations & resources to bring down food prices.”
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2020: Day 304:16 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Kapil Dev suffers heart attack, undergoes angioplasty in Delhi04:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- TECNO'S AMBASSADOR MEHWISH HAYAT BRINGS THE NEW PHOTOGRAPHY PHONE ...03:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020