PM Imran vows to bring down food prices in Pakistan from tomorrow
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that his government will have its strategy in place and action will begin from tomorrow using all state organisations and resources to bring down food prices.
In a tweet, he said the government is already examining the causes of price hike, to see whether there is a genuine supply shortage or simply hoarding by mafias or smuggling.
Starting Monday in coming week, our govt will use all the resources at the disposal of the state to bring down food prices. We are already examining causes of the price hikes: whether there is a genuine supply shortage or simply hoarding by mafias; smuggling, if any;— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) October 10, 2020
"We are also examining the causes of price rise due to international prices such as for palm oil, lentils and others.
Starting Monday in coming week, "we will have our strategy in place & action will begin using all state organisations & resources to bring down food prices.”
- Kashmiris call for civil curfew on Indian president's visit amid ...11:36 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- AJK Elections 2021: PTI takes lead as results pour in10:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Scottish climber feared dead while scaling K2 in Pakistan09:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan face West Indies in 1st T20I on Wednesday; check out full ...07:47 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kiratli’s new bold photos set internet on ...04:41 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video goes viral02:14 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- IN PICS: Hania Aamir steals the limelight at Aima Baig’s engagement12:15 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021