No Pakistani killed in Karbala stampede: FO
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office spokesperson has said that there is no Pakistani among those killed in a stampede in Karbala.
In a statement, the spokesperson said Pakistan Embassy Camp Office in Karbala is closely monitoring the situation.
The spokesperson extended sincere condolences to the bereaved families and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured, the Radio Pakistan reported.
On Tuesday, at least 31 pilgrims were left dead in a stampede at a major shrine in the Iraqi city of Karbala as Muslims commemorate the holy day of Ashura.
At least 31 dead in stampede at Karbala 06:55 PM | 10 Sep, 2019
KARBALA - At least 31 pilgrims were left dead on Tuesday in a stampede at a major shrine in the Iraqi city of Karbala ...
The health ministry spokesman, Saif al-Badr said another 100 devotees were left injured at the shrine around 100 kilometres south of Baghdad, fearing that the toll could rise further.
According to security sources, the death toll is over 30 though an official confirmation from health ministry is awaited in this regard.
The stampede was triggered when part of a walkway collapsed during a procession causing mass panic among worshippers.
The incident is the deadliest stampede in recent history during Ashura when pilgrims from around the world swarm Karbala to commemorate the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussein (RA)— Prophet Muhammed’s (PBUH) grandson.
- Zindagi Tamasha: Sarmad Khoosat writes open letter to Imran Khan ...11:37 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, US Senator Lindsey Graham discusses Pak-US bilateral ...11:14 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq left 11 soldiers Injured09:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan to tell US it will not be part of any conflict: FM Qureshi08:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan makes a case for leaving your makeup at home while ...04:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019