500 Houthis dead on Saudi border since March 26

03:18 PM | 12 Apr, 2015
500 Houthis dead on Saudi border since March 26
Share
RIYADH (Web Desk) - As many as 500 Houthi rebels have died on the border frighting against Saudi-led coalition forces since the aerial strikes have been launched in disturbed areas of Yemen, said Saudi Arabian defence ministry on Sunday.

This is the first time when any official figure of deaths has been presented to media after Saudi Arabia along with other Arab nations started 'Operation Decisive Storm' in Yemen on March 26.

On the Saudi side, the death toll doubled on Friday when three soldiers were killed and two wounded as mortar fire hit their observation post in Najran province, a ministry spokesman said, quoted by state news agency.

Saudi authorities say three border guards were killed last week in an attack by the Houthis, who control parts of northern Yemen along the border.