MQM lawmakers reach Parliament to tender resignations
He said this while speaking on the floor of the National Assembly.
"MQM protested Karachi’s targeted operation at every forum including the Parliament; but, voice was not heeded", he said.
He adds there is a conspiracy against the MQM and the party’s arrested workers are not being presented in court.
Farooq Sattar told the National Assembly that over 40 workers of the party had been killed extra-judicially.
According to the MQM leader houses of party workers were being raided in Karachi.
Earlier, MQM lawmakers arrived at Parliament to submit their resignations. The MQM has decided to step out of the legislative fold in light of reservations over the ongoing Karachi operation. The decision was taken during a meeting of the party’s elected representatives which was chaired by MQM chief Altaf Hussain via telephone from London.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021