MQM lawmakers reach Parliament to tender resignations
He said this while speaking on the floor of the National Assembly.
"MQM protested Karachi’s targeted operation at every forum including the Parliament; but, voice was not heeded", he said.
He adds there is a conspiracy against the MQM and the party’s arrested workers are not being presented in court.
Farooq Sattar told the National Assembly that over 40 workers of the party had been killed extra-judicially.
According to the MQM leader houses of party workers were being raided in Karachi.
Earlier, MQM lawmakers arrived at Parliament to submit their resignations. The MQM has decided to step out of the legislative fold in light of reservations over the ongoing Karachi operation. The decision was taken during a meeting of the party’s elected representatives which was chaired by MQM chief Altaf Hussain via telephone from London.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021