India hopes to improve ties with Pakistan, new FM tells China
"India hopes to improve its relationship with Pakistan and is ready to exercise restraint, protect peace and stability in the region," he was quoted as saying by the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi Wang told his Indian counterpart about China's principled position on India's recent unilateral move on the Kashmir issue, saying that China hopes India will play a constructive role in regional peace and stability.
Jaishankar explained India's stance, assuring that India will also abide by the consensus reached with China on maintaining peace on the border and continue to work with Beijing to properly solve the border issue through consultations, the Xinhua reported.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020