President Alvi affirms Pakistan's resolve for peace as Maritime Exercise AMAN-19 concludes
The exercise displayed a resolve of 46 countries under the title “Together for Peace” and Naval assets including ships, helicopters, Special Forces elements and observers participated in the exercise.
President Arif Alvi also attended the ceremony as he was welcomed by Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi and Senior Naval officers.
The Chief Guest witnessed different operational exercises including firing by ships on pre-deployed targets, underway replenishment between ships and maritime-related manoeuvres.
The Fleet Review also featured an impressive Fly Past by participating aircraft and helicopters followed by Men and Cheership by participating ships.
Arif Alvi also appreciated the participation of large number of like-minded Nations and asserted that AMAN-19 will pave the way to make the region more peaceful and secure with combined efforts by all stakeholders.
He reiterated the need for strategic cooperation to counter transnational maritime threats and encourage safety, security and stability in the region.
AMAN-19 was conducted in two phases; the harbour phase continued from 08-10 Feb and the sea phase from 11–12 February.
The harbour phase included International Maritime Conference, seminars, table talks, cross ships visits, calls on, International Band Display, Maritime Counter Terrorism Demonstration, Cultural show and Food Gala.
The sea phase included practical execution of operational plans and activities finalized during harbour phase and International Fleet Review.
The exercise was initiated in 2007 and is conducted after every two years. The principal purpose of this exercise is to provide a forum for an understanding of each other’s maritime concepts and operational cultures and come up with ways and means to combat common threats at sea.
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill three terrorists in North Waziristan operation02:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022