Railways to introduce gift scheme for regular passengers: Minister
Addressing a press conference here at the Pakistan Railways headquarters, he said railways would soon launch two VVIP state-of-the-art trains, wherein facilities and cleanliness would be provided like any five-star hotel.
"We are inviting Prime Minister Imran Khan for the inauguration of Lahore Railway Station's main hall and new trains," he added.
The minister said tracking system would soon be installed in the railway engines.
Talking about the cleanliness in the trains and at railway stations, he said divisional superintendents would be responsible for cleanliness, catching ticket-dodgers and establishment of
pharmacies at Pakistan's 24 big railway stations.
He informed that Rohri Railway Station would be modernised in line with the Sindh culture, besides construction of a Shopping plaza and a restaurant over there as it was the railway station where stoppage of trains was higher in numbers as compared to any other railway station in the country.
Rashid said that PR had earned Rs 30 million in the form of fine and fare from ticket-dodgers just in a week.
He said police were being given authority to check the passengers in non-stop trains and at railway stations.
He also warned Special Ticket Examiners (STEs) not to help any ticket-dodger, otherwise, they would be rusticated from service, adding, the DS concerned would supervise the matter.
The minister informed that 41,000 more tickets had been sold in a month after round the clock opening of reservation offices.
He added that now passengers could purchase tickets three months in advance. Later, talking about the politics, he said that 2019 would be the year of Pakistan's progress under the leadership
of Imran Khan. To a question, he said there was no future of Sharif and Zardari family in the national politics.
"Today or tomorrow everyone has to face accountability process," he said.
To another question, the minister said, how could a person chair the Public Accounts Committee who was facing corruption charges.
"I am writing a letter to the Prime Minister that I should be made a member of the PAC to face Shehbaz Sharif," he added.
To another question about the ailment of Nawaz Sharif, he said his sickness meant, he was seeking NRO.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022