Immigration authorities blacklist Saad Rafique, brother on NAB's request
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders were blacklisted following the request of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
A notification has been issued by Directorate General, Immigration and Passports here.
The notification reads that Saad Rafique and Salman Rafique have been blacklisted “under ‘Category B’ for future passport facilities.”
They have been blacklisted as investigation against them was underway in Paragon Housing scandal.
The anti-graft body has summoned the Saad Rafique and Salman on October 16.
Qaiser Amin Butt, ex-MPA PML has also been blacklisted on NAB’s request.
Earlier, there were reports that Saad Rafique and brother have been placed on ECL.
According to NAB, Sharif allegedly cancelled the contract of a company that won the bidding for the Ashiana-e-Iqbal Housing scheme and awarded it to another company, Lahore Casa Developers. This caused a loss of Rs 6 million to the national exchequer. Lahore Casa Developers is a proxy of Paragon City, which is said to be owned by Khawaja Saad Rafique.
Saad Rafique has denied the charges and said he wasn’t the owner of Paragon city.
Earier, on Oct. 5, the Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry had denied the reports. Fawad Chaudhry said that decision to put Saad Rafique and his brother on the ECL has not been taken.
سعد رفیق اور سلمان رفیق کے نام ECL پر لانے کا کوئ فیصلہ نہیں ہوا، اس سلسلے میں خبروں کی تردید کرتے ہیں۔ NAB آزاد ادارہ ہے وفاقی حکومت قانون کے تحت NAB کی معاونت کرے گی، اس سلسلے میں NAB کے فیصلوں پر عمدرآمد ہو گا۔— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) October 5, 2018
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021