Number of dengue patients across Pakistan tops 50,000
LAHORE – In an alarming outbreak of dengue fever, the number of patients across Pakistan crossed the 50,000 mark on Saturday with 250 deaths so far, reports local media.
Health officials, as per the report of Daily Jang, claimed that the twin cities are among the worst-hit areas as at least 25,000 people have tested positive for the dengue virus in the recent wave.
Around 8,000 cases have only been identified at the two big hospitals of Islamabad, they said, adding that at least 250 people have already died of the disease in different parts of the country during the past few weeks.
The report further revealed that at least 150 Islamabad Police officials were tested positive for dengue, adding that authorities are not revealing the correct figures out of fear of the criticism.
Meanwhile, the official data shows that 27,000 people have been affected by the latest dengue outbreak in the country while the death toll is standing at 44.
Dengue, which is called "breakbone fever", is one of the world's leading mosquito-borne illnesses and infects tens of millions across the globe annually.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020