Three cops martyred, 16 held hostage in operation against Chotu gang
Operation against Chotu Gang has entered its 16th day while the Rangers and police personnel have made special ships to advance towards Kacha Moro, Kacha Jamal 1 and Kacha Jamal 2.
More than 1,600 personnel belonging to Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD), Rangers, army and Punjab police have cleared around 70 percent Kacha area while more than 50 check posts have been established.
Regional Police Officer (RPO) Bhawalpur and Dera Ghazi Khan, District Police Officer (DPO) Rahim Yar Khan and Rajanpur are also participating in the operation to encourage security officials.
Meanwhile, a control room has also been formed in Rahim Yar Khan whereas Inspector General (IG) Punjab is frequently inspecting all the activities.
A helipad was also established in the area.
At least 160 dacoits and miscreants backed by terror outfits and anti-state elements have been copped so far in security operation in Kacha Jamal area.
Police have reportedly entered Kacha Jamal area, centre of operations of Chotu gang.
Gang’s leader, Ghulam Rasool Bakhrani alias Chotu with head money of Rs 20 lac while as many as 48 cases pertaining to kidnapping for ransom, murder, dacoities among other crimes are registered against him in different police stations.
First case against Chotu was filed on August 7, 1987.
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Gang of poachers smuggling Leopard skins busted in KPK08:41 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020