Crew of Punjab government's chopper reaches Islamabad
According to multiple media reports, militants in Afghanistan's Logar province have released the crew of Pakistani helicopter and the members are now hale and hearty in federal capital Islamabad.
The incident took place when the helicopter made an emergency landing in Logar on August 4.Reports also indicated that Taliban were willing for a prisoner swap for the chopper's crew members, but it is not clear so far that whether the five Pakistani nationals and a Russian technician were released after a deal with the insurgent group.
According to Logar governor spokesman Saleem Saleh, the helicopter crashed in Mati area in Logar's Azra district.
Earlier Saleh said the helicopter appeared to have caught fire on landing. However, some residents in the area said the Taliban torched the chopper after it crashed.
The government of Pakistan is yet to confirm the recovery of chopper crew.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022