Top US envoy’s visit to Punjab reaffirms America’s commitment to Pakistani people
Ambassador Jones called on Punjab Governor Chaudhry Sarwar, discussed opportunities for investment in the region with members of the business community, and met with civil society and media representatives.
One of the highlights of Ambassador Jones’ visit was a ribbon cutting at the Federal Investigation Agency’s regional office, which was built using funds provided by the US Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs.
“The vital region of Punjab represents Pakistan’s diversity of talent and the strength and courage of its people,” he said. “Pakistan’s success hinges on tapping the incredible potential of its youth and channeling their dynamism into the labour market needs of today and tomorrow. To this end, the US government is committed to working with the government and people of Pakistan to ensure a prosperous, peaceful, and stable future.”
To experience Lahore’s rich history and culture firsthand, Ambassador Jones and his wife Catherine also visited the Lahore Fort, site of a 2006 US government-funded project that renovated the fort’s Alamgiri Gate.
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020