Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan due in Pakistan today
ISLAMABAD - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is arriving in Islamabad today on a two-day visit to Pakistan.
President Erdogan will be accompanied by a high-level delegation comprising cabinet members and senior government officials besides heads and CEOs of leading Turkish corporations.
During the visit, Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Erdogan will have one-on-one meeting, after which they will co-chair the 6th Session of the Pakistan-Turkey High Level Strategic Cooperation Council in the joint cabinet format.
At the conclusion of the session, a Joint Declaration will be signed. A number of important agreements and MoUs are also expected to be signed during the visit. The two leaders will have a joint press stakeout.
President Erdogan will also address a Joint Session of Parliament of Pakistan.
President Erdogan and Prime Minister Imran Khan will also address the Pakistan-Turkey Business and Investment Forum which brings together leading investors and business-people from both sides.
Turkey supports the cause of self-determination for the people of India-occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
The visit of President Erdogan will prove to be another significant milestone in further deepening and broadening of the flourishing Pakistan-Turkey strategic partnership.
Meanwhile, talking to Anadolu Agency Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan Mustafa Yurdakul said that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's visit to Islamabad would be a historic event and major step towards exemplary bilateral ties between the two brotherly countries, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is at a completion level and Turkey is interested in being a part of special economic zones, which will be established under the project.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020