IG Punjab orders 30-day detention of PML-N bigwigs to thwart welcome rally
In a bid to thwart the welcome rally for the convicted father-daughter duo, the authorities have been arresting dozens of workers of the party.
The PML-N supremo and his daughter will reach Lahore later today, a week after they were sentenced to prison in the Avenfield properties reference.
According to Geo News, IG Kaleem Imam has written to the Lahore deputy commissioner ordering the detention of seven PML-N leaders and one’s house arrest for 30 days.
Apart from Saad Rafique, the party leaders include his brother Khawaja Salman Rafique, Mian Marghoob, Bilal Yasin, Khwaja Imran Nazir, Malik Saiful Malook and Waheed Alam Khan.
Moreover, PML-N’s Haji Rana Bakhtiar has been ordered to be placed under house arrest. The order states that the PML-N leaders’ speeches and actions may create pose threat to security in the city.
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020