IG Punjab orders 30-day detention of PML-N bigwigs to thwart welcome rally
In a bid to thwart the welcome rally for the convicted father-daughter duo, the authorities have been arresting dozens of workers of the party.
The PML-N supremo and his daughter will reach Lahore later today, a week after they were sentenced to prison in the Avenfield properties reference.
According to Geo News, IG Kaleem Imam has written to the Lahore deputy commissioner ordering the detention of seven PML-N leaders and one’s house arrest for 30 days.
Apart from Saad Rafique, the party leaders include his brother Khawaja Salman Rafique, Mian Marghoob, Bilal Yasin, Khwaja Imran Nazir, Malik Saiful Malook and Waheed Alam Khan.
Moreover, PML-N’s Haji Rana Bakhtiar has been ordered to be placed under house arrest. The order states that the PML-N leaders’ speeches and actions may create pose threat to security in the city.
- Cop martyred, two militants killed in Islamabad shootout02:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- SSGC General Manager terminated for harassing female employees02:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Blast derails passenger train in Balochistan’s Sibi, several injured01:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Indian PM Modi trolled over teleprompter faux pas during WEF speech ...01:22 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Sajal Aly's brother pens a beautiful birthday message for his sister10:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021