Six Pakistani tourists drown in Murree drain
The youngsters had come to Sorasi area of New Murree, riding on eight motorbikes. They swept away into the drain as they attempted to cross Malach bridge despite heavy rain and flow of water on their way back.
Seven of the tourists were rescued while three bodies recovered from the drain yesterday. Another three more bodies were recovered early Friday, according to Rescue-1122 officials.
The deceased and survivors hailed from Rawalpindi.
Last month, at least 17 people of a family drowned off Gadani beach in Balochistan. The family hailed from Karachi's Lyari area and had gone to Gadani on a picnic.
In a similar incident in June, two young men drowned at Karachi's Sandspit beach. The two, along with five other friends, had gone to the beach to enjoy the second day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020