Federal cabinet may consider placing Sharifs on ECL today
The anti-graft watchdog on Monday requested the Ministry of Interior to place former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, daughter Maryam Nawaz, and son-in-law Capt (retd) Safdar's names on the Exit Control List (ECL).
This is NAB's second letter on the matter. The anti-graft body in a letter on Feb14 had put forward the same request.
NAB in its latest letter maintained that: "The matter is agitated again in view of the fact that reference against the subject accused persons are at the final stage of the trial. There is apprehension that they may leave the country to avoid legal outcomes of the judgment which are expected to be announced shortly."
NAB requests interior ministry to place Nawaz, ... 11:43 PM | 11 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday requested the Ministry of Interior to place former prime ...
Moreover, a matter related to transfer and posting of chief secretaries and inspectors generals of police (IGPs) is also likely to be taken up in the meeting.
- Hundreds flock to celebrate birthday of Holy Prophet at Iraq’s ...03:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021