PM Imran Khan arrives in Bishkek to represent Pakistan at 19th SCO Summit
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan reached Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to attend the 19th meeting of the Council of the Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), the Radio Pakistan reported.
The PM was received by his Kyrgyz counterpart Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziev and Kyrgyz Minister for Health Kosmosbek Sarievich Cholponbaev.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Special Assistant to PM on Youth Affairs Muhammad Usman Dar are accompanying the Pakistani premier.
The invitation to Imran Khan was extended by Kyrgyz President Sooronbay Jeenbekov, who would Chair the CHS Meeting. The leaders of SCO Member and Observer States as well as representatives of important International Organizations will attend the Meeting.
A number of decisions will be approved by the Leaders, besides signing of Agreements to intensify cooperation in diverse fields. The Prime Minister will have bilateral interaction with other participating Leaders on the sidelines.
SCO is among the major trans-regional organizations. Pakistan shares deep rooted historical and cultural links with SCO Member States. SCO's multi-sectoral cooperation agenda is in line with Pakistan's policy of promoting regional peace and stability and seeking enhanced linkages in infrastructure, economic, trade and cultural spheres.
Since becoming an SCO member in 2017, Pakistan has been actively participating at all levels in various SCO mechanisms including Foreign Affairs, Defence, National Security, Economy and Trade, Education and Healthcare, Innovation, Youth and Women Empowerment, Justice, Agriculture, Culture, Sports, Tourism and Media.
PM Imran Khan eyes better ties with Russia in ... 02:32 PM | 13 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD/BISHKEK – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said Islamabad wants to procure weapons from Russia and develop ...
Besides Pakistan, SCO members comprise China, Russia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. SCO Observers include Afghanistan, Iran, Belarus and Mongolia. The Council of Heads of State is the highest forum of SCO which considers and defines strategy, prospects and priorities of the Organization.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020