LHC suspends PEMRA's penalty against Neo TV
Neo TV challenged PEMRA’s decision in LHC through Advocate Saad Rasool. Neo TV’s lawyer presented his stance in front of Justice Aminuddin and said PEMRA had not fulfilled all the regulations and gave its verdict unlawfully.
The court accepted Neo TV’s application and declared to commence proper hearing of this case.
Furthermore, it suspended PEMRA’s decision of slapping fine on the channel. It also sought an explanation in four weeks.
گلبرگ دھماکہ کی جعلی خبر پر ناظرین سے معذرت نشر نہ کرنے پر 27 ٹی وی چینلوں کو اظہارِ وجوہ کا نوٹس pic.twitter.com/yWGw8aM3HK— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) March 8, 2017
PEMRA had issued show-cause notices to as many as 29 tv channels for airing the news of a blast in Lahore's Gulberg area on February 23, when in reality no blast had taken place.
It also imposed fines on scores of television channels after a public outcry at the misinformation.
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Russian-Pakistani invents ‘Covid cure’ – Who is this scientist ...09:40 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot in private and ...09:23 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021