Shehbaz Sharif formally elected as PML-N's president
After the top court verdict, announced in the Election Act 2017 case, Shehbaz's name was put forward, for the presidency, by his elder brother Nawaz Sharif during a party meeting and it was decided that the formal approval for such move would be taken after PML-N's General Council meeting.
میں محمد شہباز شریف کا نام بطور قائم مقام صدر مسلم لیگ ن تجویز کرتا ہوں ۔ pic.twitter.com/gc7G1Ft8or— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) February 27, 2018
Humbled by the confidence my leader Nawaz Sharif & CWC reposed in me. Vow to work day in and day out to come up to the expectation of the party leadership & workers. The journey of progress will continue unabated IA.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) February 27, 2018
اللّٰہ تعالیٰ ہمارے سروں پر نواز شریف کا سایہ ہمیشہ قائم رکھے!
This is not the first time that the 'Khadim-e-Alaa' would be serving in this capacity as he was elected president of PML-N twice — in 2002 and 2006.
Moreover, in March 2012, Shahbaz was elected president of the PML-N’s Punjab chapter.
In 1990, he became a member of the National Assembly and was again elected as MPA from Punjab in 1993 to become the leader of the opposition. His term ended in 1996 when the assemblies were dissolved.
In 1997, he became the chief minister of Punjab and served in this capacity till the bloodless coup of general Pervaiz Musharraf in October 1999.
Election Act 2017 case: Supreme Court ... 05:56 PM | 21 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on Wednesday ruled that ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif ...
He again became the chief minister of Punjab for the second time after PML-N won the majority number of seats in the province in the 2008 election.
After the May 2013 elections, he was again sworn in as the Chief Minister of Punjab, however, his elder brother's disqualification in the Panama Papers Case, might catapult him to the slot of Prime Minister after a victory in the next general elections scheduled in next few months.
- Islamabad court sends Shahbaz Gill on judicial remand in sedition case10:54 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan reports 11 Covid deaths in single day as positivity ratio ...10:22 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Naila Kiani becomes first Pakistani woman climber to summit three ...10:04 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas and Merub Ali’s hilarious sleepover video wins ...09:39 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Independence Day: EU Ambassador plays heart-touching rendition of ...09:04 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022