Top court indicts federal minister Daniyal Aziz for scandalising judiciary
ISLAMABAD - Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday formally indicted Federal Privatisation Minister Daniyal Aziz in a case regarding anti-judiciary speeches.
A three-member bench, headed by Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed, and comprising Justices Mushir Alam and Mazhar Alam Miankhel took up the case against the minister. The court indicted the minister under Article 204 and contempt of court law 2003.
The apex court remarked that the federal minister has scandalised the judiciary, adding that Aziz intervened in court matters.
Justice Mushir Alam read the charge sheet for the accused minister, while Aziz pleaded no guilty to charges.
At the last hearing, the bench expressed dissatisfaction over the reply submitted by the minister in the case and fixed his indictment for March 13.
Counsel for the minister contended that the media reports of his client's 'anti-judiciary' speech were false.
In the response, the minister stated that being a lawmaker he could not even imagine of downgrading the state institution, adding that he respects all state institution, nicluding judiciary.
“Media ran my comments out of context,” the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader stated, besides asking the court to take back the show-cause notice against him.
Supreme Court issues notice to Daniyal Aziz over ... 02:41 PM | 2 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday issued contempt of court notice to Federal Minister for ...
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020