Top court indicts federal minister Daniyal Aziz for scandalising judiciary
A three-member bench, headed by Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed, and comprising Justices Mushir Alam and Mazhar Alam Miankhel took up the case against the minister. The court indicted the minister under Article 204 and contempt of court law 2003.
The apex court remarked that the federal minister has scandalised the judiciary, adding that Aziz intervened in court matters.
Justice Mushir Alam read the charge sheet for the accused minister, while Aziz pleaded no guilty to charges.
At the last hearing, the bench expressed dissatisfaction over the reply submitted by the minister in the case and fixed his indictment for March 13.
Counsel for the minister contended that the media reports of his client's 'anti-judiciary' speech were false.
In the response, the minister stated that being a lawmaker he could not even imagine of downgrading the state institution, adding that he respects all state institution, nicluding judiciary.
“Media ran my comments out of context,” the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader stated, besides asking the court to take back the show-cause notice against him.
Supreme Court issues notice to Daniyal Aziz over ... 02:41 PM | 2 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday issued contempt of court notice to Federal Minister for ...
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Scores injured after dozens of vehicles collide in huge motorway ...02:18 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam replaces Imad Wasim as Karachi Kings captain01:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan starts booster covid vaccinations today amid omicron scare12:52 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021