Pakistan committed to human rights int’l conventions: PM
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday said Pakistan’s trade and economy continued to benefit from European Union’s GSP Plus Agreement and expressed resolve to furthering human rights commitments in line with the international conventions.
“We intend to continue working to fulfill our commitments under the 27 International Conventions we are party to, including six Human Rights Conventions, which are part of GSP Plus agreement,” he wrote on Twitter.
The prime minister said these commitments were beneficial for the country.
He mentioned that Pakistan had enacted a law to ensure women’s right to inheritance and was committed to enforcing laws against child labour.
He said efforts were afoot to support transgenders and filling-in legislative gaps including related to protection of journalists and media professionals.
Imran Khan said the initiatives such as Billion Tree Tsunami and Human Rights National Action Plan had been appreciated by the European Union.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020