Saudi Arabia to enforce complete curfew during Eid al Fitr holidays
RIYADH – Saudi Arabia's interior ministry has announced to enforce a complete curfew throughout the day in all cities and regions of the Kingdom during the five-day Eid al Fitr holiday to stem the further spread of coronavirus.
The government has announced holidays from May 23 to 27 for Eid that marks the end of Ramadan, according to official Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The government had placed most parts of the country under complete lockdown following the pandemic outbreak but it eased restrictions in April allowing businesses and malls to reopen to facilitate the people during 9am-5pm.
However malls and retailers have not been allowed to resume work in holy city of Makkah where cases have swelled despite strict lockdown.
Saudi Arabia also suspended Umra pilgrimage while it is yet to announce decision of hajj this year.
The number of COVID-19 cases has surged to 42,925 in Saudi Arabia while 264 people have now lost their lives.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020