PML-N slams govt over 'unclear' strategy to handle coronavirus crisis
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz lawmaker Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Wednesday slammed the government over what he claimed to be a unclear strategy to cope with the coronavirus situation.
Addressing the National Assembly session, the former prime minister said that four ministers spoke on the floor but they did not told anything about “what is going on in the country”.
Raising questions about lockdown policy, Abbasi recalled that the government initially said it will not impose a lockdown in the country.
“Later, it announced to eased the lockdown restrictions, after which it introduced new term smart lockdown,” he highlighted
He slammed the government for not discussing the matter in the parliament to developed an effective strategy to handle the pandemic.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020