UBL donates ventilators to public hospitals for Covid-19 crisis
KARACHI - The Covid-19 virus pandemic has shaken the foundations of the modern world. Under these very testing times, it is essential that we do not lose sight of the suffering and pain caused by this disease and play our part in contributing back to our communities. UBL as a Corporate Citizen has always been at the forefront in times of natural disaster by assisting the impacted in the most humane way possible.
The number of those affected by the virus is increasing exponentially and hospitals are ill-equipped to handle the influx of patients under their existing infrastructure. Especially needed, in these times, in relation to the nature of this disease, are ventilators for the most critical patients. UBL has donated four ventilators (two each) to Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre and Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau Civil Hospital, to assist them in handling the critical medical attention for patients under their care.
Ms. Sima Kamil, President & CEO, UBL said, “We hope this contribution will assist these noble healthcare givers in providing much-needed care to the affected patients. I am confident that with the Almighty’s help and the courage and resilience of our nation, we will see better days and overcome this pandemic”.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020