Missing Pakistani police officer 'found murdered in Afghanistan'
PESHAWAR - A senior officer of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Police, who had mysteriously “gone missing” from Islamabad, has reportedly been murdered in Afghanistan.
However, the federal government and police authorities on Tuesday said they had no confirmation regarding reports of the killing of Superintendent Police (SP) Tahir Khan Dawar.
On October 26, Peshawar Rural Superintendent of Police (SP) Mohammad Tahir Dawar had arrived in the federal capital after getting a short leave from his bosses. His cell phone had been switched off at around 8 pm and there had been no clue about him since after.
SP Dawar had gone missing from Islamabad on October 27. But speculation over the fate of the missing officer mounted on Tuesday when pictures of a dead body found in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, purportedly that of Dawar started circulating on social media platforms.
According to reports, Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Afridi has refused to comment over the police officials’ alleged death in the neighbouring country and termed the incident as “sensitive.”
However, he has said that photoshopped images are shared over the internet to spread fake news. “A fifth generation and cyberwar have been imposed on us,” he added.
"It is a matter of national security and someone's life, and cannot be discussed on an open forum," Afridi said.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019