Dr Shahbaz Gill steps down as Punjab CM spokesperson
“I hereby resign from the post of official spokesperson to CM Punjab,” Gill stated in a handwritten note of resignation addressed to the chief minister.
It came hours after Gill tweeted that he had taken an "important decision" in Friday morning. "Will share with you soon," he wrote.
This morning took an important decision. Inshallah will share with you soon.— Dr. Shahbaz GiLL (@SHABAZGIL) September 13, 2019
Earlier this month, Dr Shahbaz Gill had come under fire for comments that labelled lady constable Faiza Nawaz as "emotional" and touted "misinformation" and "provocation" pertaining to a case involving Nawaz.
Dr Shahbaz Gill was speaking to Geo News about how Ahmed Mukhtar Advocate, a lawyer intoxicated on power, had violently slapped Constable Faiza Nawaz in public, but the court approved his release on bail.
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020