Pakistan celebrates 76th Independence Day with zeal and fervour
ISLAMABAD – The nation is celebrating today the 76th Independence Day with traditional zeal and fervour across Pakistan.
The day dawned with a 31-one gun salute in the federal capital and 21-one gun salute in the provincial headquarters.
Special prayers were offered in mosques at dawn for peace, solidarity and prosperity of the country. The main feature of the celebrations every year is the national flag-hoisting ceremony in Islamabad.
In his message to the nation, President Dr Arif Alvi urged the nation to remain steadfast and work wholeheartedly for the development and progress and prosperity of the country.
“We need to remain united to overcome financial, economic and security challenges faced by the country. Let us pledge that we will remain steadfast to render any sacrifice for the dignity and self-respect of our people and greatness and glory of our beloved homeland,” the president said.
President Alvi stressed that they should not forget their oppressed brothers and sisters of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K).
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, in his message on Independence Day, said that nothing is more dangerous for a nation than internal division, disruption and chaos for such negative forces undermine the solidarity and integrity of the country and rob societies of their national purpose.
Former president and PPP leader Asif Ali Zardari said that the supremacy of elected parliament of the people is essential for a free, independent and dignified Pakistan. “Now the time has come to make sustainable decisions for the country and the nation by fully implementing the Charter of Democracy.”
PML-Q President and former prime minister Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain said that today the entire nation is celebrating Independence Day with enthusiasm but we should never forget that today Pakistan is facing challenges on internal, external, ideological and geographical fronts.
'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught ... 11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
LAHORE – Ousted prime minister Imran Khan said on Saturday the "imported government" was trying to spread fear by ...
- Alleged audio leak of PM Shehbaz reveals request to ‘facilitate’ ...10:29 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Senior Pakistani journalist Ayaz Amir arrested in Sarah Inam’s ...09:44 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army soldiers martyred in North Waziristan IED blast09:05 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:27 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Sarwat Gillani talks about her cosmetic procedures and wardrobe ...10:10 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022