Pakistanis to get e-passports from next year
The minister added that the electronic passport will first be issued for diplomats in March 2018 and for citizens in June 2018.
In the e-passports, a microchip will be embedded which will have all details about the travelers. The new technology will help in preventing use of forged documents.
Earlier, it was supposed that the Passports and Immigration Office will begin the process by the running year but it faced delay after questions were raised over the transparency of the project.
It is to mention here that the project had been initiated by then interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in 2016.
Director General Passports and Immigration Usman Bajwa singed a contract with a French company, Gemalto, for the preparation of the passports.
- Are Sanam Saeed and Mohib Mirza getting married? Here’s all you ...01:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- No Covid jabs in Sindh today amid vaccine shortage11:36 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Police deny Mandokhel's request for registering case against Firdous ...10:50 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, son arrested from Mianwali after 3 days of ...10:25 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Reema Khan shares adorable video with her husband05:38 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021