Pakistan cracks down on Hafiz Saeed’s groups, freezes assets of JuD, FIF
The Ordinance, promulgated by President Mamnoon Hussain earlier this week, enables the government of Pakistan to impose a ban on the entities banned by the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
The Wednesday’s notification came a month after a high-level UN sanctions team visited the South Asian country to review progress against groups and individuals banned by the world body.
Following orders by the Punjab government, district administration of Rawalpindi took control of a seminary and four dispensaries run by Saeed – who is accused of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
The seminary has been handed over to the Auqaf department which controls the religious properties, Dawn reported.
SC orders removal of barriers outside Jati Umra, ... 11:29 AM | 11 Feb, 2018
LAHORE - Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar on Sunday ordered authorities to remove all barriers ...
Following an amendment in Section 11-B and 11-EE of the ATA, the organisations and personnel banned through the UN’s Security Council’s resolution will stand banned in Pakistan too.
On Tuesday, the Interior Ministry placed a ban on terrorist outfit Jundullah.
A group associated with the banned outfit, Al-Harmain Foundation, was also banned on charges of collecting funds, pursuant to resolution 1267 (1999) of the United Nations Security Council’s (UNSC).
A notification, issued by the ministry on January 31, states that the organisation is acting in a manner that “may be concerned in terrorism”.
Pakistan has recently taken several actions against the entities banned by the UN. The recent actions have come ahead of the crucial Financial Action Task Force (FATF) meeting in Paris, scheduled to be held from 18 to 23 February.
- PITB signs agreement with UBL as Partner/Settlement bank to ...06:45 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Mohammad Haris set for T20I debut in 6th match against England today06:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan gets $132 million debt relief from US amid flood crisis05:19 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Prize money for T20 World Cup 2022 announced05:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new sizzling photos04:20 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Ranveer Singh shuts down separation rumours with Deepika Padukone03:53 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022