Tributes paid to Edhi at Pakistani consulate event in Chicago
Speakers at the large gathering, which included members of the Pakistani-American community and Pakistani students, highlighted Edhi’s single-minded devotion to serve the needy and bring comfort to those in distress. They called him an “Angel of Mercy.”
Consul General Faisal Niaz Tirmizi urged the youth to follow Edhi’s example and serve the people with the same zeal irrespective of their ethnicity, religion or nationality.
“People like Edhi represent the true image of our religion and our country and that aspect needs to be projected,” he said.
The Consul General said a large number of Chicagoans, including government officials and members of diplomatic corps, had signed the Condolence Book which was opened at the Consulate after the passing away of Edhi.
Mr Tirmizi while concluding his speech expressed his belief that Edhi’s mission would not end with his departure but the resilient Pakistani nation would soon overcome this loss with many more in the country following his footprints.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021