PM Imran directs Punjab govt to make arrangements for early local bodies polls
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the Punjab government to make arrangements for early holding of local bodies’ elections to activate the local government system and to resolve public issues at their doorsteps.
The prime minister was given a briefing on local government system in Punjab during his visit to Lahore where the was apprised that all administrative and legal arrangements are being made and the elections of Village Panchayat and local bodies would be held on time.
The premier was informed that the provincial election commission would complete delimitations within 60 days, starting next month which would follow Village and Panchayat level elections within 45 days.
However, the election of the local bodies might be held by the end of this year.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020