Shehbaz Sharif demands 10% raise for government employees
LAHORE - Shehbaz Sharif has demanded of the federal government to raise pay packages at least 10% of the government employees.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President and opposition leader in the National Assembly, said, “Every year the PML-N raised salaries of government employees”.
“PML-N govt gave housing allowances and other facilities to government employees during his tenure as well,” Shehbaz said in a statement on Sunday.
The former Punjab chief minister added that no increase in the employees' salaries was unacceptable. “Health and medical expenses have increased and everything is very expensive. It is unfair not to increase the salaries in the current economic condition,” the PML-N leader said.
He questioned where was the campaign to bring down prices and steps to make the lives of the poor and needy better in the budget. “No program to help farmers was announced in the budget,” he added.
- PM Imran to visit Diamer Basha dam project next week11:25 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020