NA-131 by-polls: Khawaja Saad Rafique wins against PTI's Humayun Akhtar
Khawaja Saad Rafique (PML-N): 60,476 votes
Humayun Akhtar Khan (PTI): 50,245 votes
LAHORE - Khawaja Saad Rafique of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) won against Humayun Akhtar Khan of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in the by-polls for the NA-131 constituency of Lahore, unofficial results showed here on Sunday night.
Although a tough competition is being expected between two former federal ministers in the Lahore's most important seat which is comprised of areas including Cantt, DHA, parts of Chungi Amar Sadhu, Ghazi Road and areas falling close to the Allama Iqbal International Airport.
As many as 28 independents are also vying for the seat which fell vacant after Imran Khan, who had won on July 25, decided to retain his Mianwali constituency.
Humayun Akhtar Khan is back in election arena with a gap of 10 years, after he suffered defeat in 2008 general elections from both National Assembly seats, NA-124 and NA-125 he was contesting from.
On the other hand, Khwaja Saad Rafique, who suffered the first defeat of his political career in the general elections in 2018, is also actively participating in electioneering to make a comeback. Saad Rafique is already a sitting MPA.
Both Humayun and Khawaja Saad Rafique are experienced campaigners. Humayun has served as MNA for four terms including 1990, 1993, 1997 and 2002 whereas Saad served as MPA in 1997, got elected MNA for three terms including 2002, 2008 and 2013.
Humayun Akhter Khan, who is a son of former DG ISI late Gen Akhter Abdul Rehman, made his electoral debut in the 1990 general elections as the candidate of Islami Jamhuri Ittehad.
- 20 more matches decided in 2nd Tennis Lovers Punjab Open Tennis ...08:15 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021