Several arrested as rally waves Pakistani flags in Indian occupied Kashmir
Hunreds of people led by separatist leader Masarat Alam rallied through the capital to welcome All India Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on his arrival in Srinagar from Delhi, according to media reports.
Gilani, while addressing on the occasion, demanded Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Sayeed to declare that Kashmir is not the ‘integral part’ of India. Kashmir is accepted as a disputed territory internationally, he added.
He stated the Kashmir issue was a trilateral dispute and Kashmiris should also be involved in Pak-India talks over the issue.
Masarat Alam, who was detained since 2010, was recently released from jail.
Earlier another Kashmiri leader Asia Indrabi had displayed Pakistani flag during a ceremony in Srinagar on March 22 to commemorate the celebration of Pakistan’s republic day this year.
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021