CJP Saqib Nisar takes suo moto notice of Mardan lynching incident
The chief justice has sought report from IGP, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa within 36 hours.
Mashal Khan, a student of Mass Communication was beaten to death by a mob who accused him of committing blasphemy.
Earlier, a petition was submitted in the apex court calling upon chief justice to take suo moto notice of the gruesome incident.
The petition submitted by the president of the Civil Society Network, Pakistan, Abdullah Malik stated that the incident was a violation of basic human rights and an incident like this within a university is a cause of concern for society.
It was further stated in the petition that those involved in the murder of the student be brought to justice.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also condemned the incident and ordered arrest of perpetrators behind the lynching of Mashal Khan. In his statement, the premier urged the nation to condemn the killing of Mashal Khan.
- Grenade attack kills one, wounds five others in Balochistan's Khuzdar03:51 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022