Mashal Khan is a martyr, says prominent cleric Mufti Naeem
He expressed that the state institutions would decide whether Mashal Khan committed blasphemy or not. Mufti Naeem who also heads Jamia Binoria said in another televised interview that ulema from all sects in the country should unanimously condemn acts of violence originating from misuse of the blasphemy law.
He also said the ulema should issue a statement stating that killing an individual over blasphemy allegations is "against the Shariah as well as the law of Pakistan".
The cleric also noted that religious terrorism in the country can only be quashed through a strengthened judicial system.
Naeem said if an individual is guilty, he should be punished instead of dragging the case for years in court, and if they are innocent, they should walk free.
The scholar further said the media needs to stop pitching the ulema from different sects against each other.
- Rana Shamim affidavit: IHC indicts ex-GB judge in contempt case12:32 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan ranked second on Economist normalcy index: Asad Umar12:00 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- SBP digitises financing process11:30 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Rawalpindi woman sentenced to death for ‘blasphemous’ WhatsApp ...11:00 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021