Mashal Khan is a martyr, says prominent cleric Mufti Naeem
He expressed that the state institutions would decide whether Mashal Khan committed blasphemy or not. Mufti Naeem who also heads Jamia Binoria said in another televised interview that ulema from all sects in the country should unanimously condemn acts of violence originating from misuse of the blasphemy law.
He also said the ulema should issue a statement stating that killing an individual over blasphemy allegations is "against the Shariah as well as the law of Pakistan".
The cleric also noted that religious terrorism in the country can only be quashed through a strengthened judicial system.
Naeem said if an individual is guilty, he should be punished instead of dragging the case for years in court, and if they are innocent, they should walk free.
The scholar further said the media needs to stop pitching the ulema from different sects against each other.
- National economy back on track, says Hafeez Shaikh09:24 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Nawaz ECL case: Federal Cabinet to decide about filing appeal against ...08:44 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- MQM founder Altaf Hussain requests Indian PM Modi for asylum, ...11:51 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife in Hyderabad10:29 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Read original undertakings submitted by Sharif brothers in ECL case09:54 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019