3rd grade student tortured by Army major at Punjab elite school
DERA ISMAIL KHAN – Netizens in Pakistan are calling for an action against an Army officer who allegedly tortured a child for engaging in a classroom fight with his son at an elite school in Punjab.
The online uproar follows the pictures and videos of Hassan, a student of the 3rd class, who was allegedly beaten up by Arbab Fareed, who serves as a Major at City School, Dera Ismail Khan.
According to reports in local media, the army officer had gone to the school in his uniform to thrash the young boy Hassan for fighting with his son.
Soon after, the pictures and videos of the major and victim Hassan went viral on social media.
Following the alleged torture, schoolboy Hassan emerged in a new video in which he is seen sharing how he was slapped by the father (Major Arbab) of his class fellow. The child also told his teachers that the man (Major Arbab) verbally abused his (Hassan’s) parents.
Social media users are now demanding justice for the child and are reacting strongly to the inhumane act through their posts.
Some have posed questions to the security measures for the students by the school management:
What the hell school was doing when this kid was beaten.— Farrukh Rz (@FarrukhRz) April 15, 2019
Some are bringing the matter to the notice of DG Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) – the military’s media wing:
@OfficialDGISPR sir please look into this issue.— Numan Ali (@joinnuman_ali) April 15, 2019
‘Where was the school's principal?’ asked one Twitter user.
I will start from the principal of the school if he or she called the police yet? and what did the school do when this was happening?you put a selfie of someone with a cap & another in civilian clothes & termed him a major— Irfan_Baloch.PDF (@Irfan_BalochPDF) April 14, 2019
where are the parents of the kid
solve the mystery for us
‘We are not sure if it is true?’ another wrote on the micro-blogging site.
You're behaving like a child, FYI action has been taken against that individual.— Zeeshan (@callmezeeshan) April 14, 2019
It's not about the uniform, but one individual who did such heinous or disgraceful thing.
‘Indeed it is’
its very sad— Saeed Abro (@abrosaeed) April 15, 2019
Former Pakistani TV star Veena Malik also reacted to the incident:
So far we don’t know the whole story as Hassan's parents and school management have not responded to the matter. But we hope that the child recovers from this traumatizing incident. Children are angels, they should be dealt with them with love, care, and affection.
What is your say on this? Comment below.
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways appoints first female Station Manager12:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Beirut blast: Death toll reaches 135, over 5,000 wounded in deadly ...10:22 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Huge fire breaks out in UAE's Ajman market09:28 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Disney's Mulan set for a digital release on September 405:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020