3rd grade student tortured by Army major at Punjab elite school
The online uproar follows the pictures and videos of Hassan, a student of the 3rd class, who was allegedly beaten up by Arbab Fareed, who serves as a Major at City School, Dera Ismail Khan.
According to reports in local media, the army officer had gone to the school in his uniform to thrash the young boy Hassan for fighting with his son.
Soon after, the pictures and videos of the major and victim Hassan went viral on social media.
Following the alleged torture, schoolboy Hassan emerged in a new video in which he is seen sharing how he was slapped by the father (Major Arbab) of his class fellow. The child also told his teachers that the man (Major Arbab) verbally abused his (Hassan’s) parents.
Social media users are now demanding justice for the child and are reacting strongly to the inhumane act through their posts.
Some have posed questions to the security measures for the students by the school management:
What the hell school was doing when this kid was beaten.— Farrukh Rz (@FarrukhRz) April 15, 2019
Some are bringing the matter to the notice of DG Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) – the military’s media wing:
@OfficialDGISPR sir please look into this issue.— Numan Ali (@joinnuman_ali) April 15, 2019
‘Where was the school's principal?’ asked one Twitter user.
I will start from the principal of the school if he or she called the police yet? and what did the school do when this was happening?you put a selfie of someone with a cap & another in civilian clothes & termed him a major— Irfan_Baloch.PDF (@Irfan_BalochPDF) April 14, 2019
where are the parents of the kid
solve the mystery for us
‘We are not sure if it is true?’ another wrote on the micro-blogging site.
‘Indeed it is’
its very sad— Saeed Abro (@abrosaeed) April 15, 2019
Former Pakistani TV star Veena Malik also reacted to the incident:
So far we don’t know the whole story as Hassan's parents and school management have not responded to the matter. But we hope that the child recovers from this traumatizing incident. Children are angels, they should be dealt with them with love, care, and affection.
What is your say on this? Comment below.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Chinese doctor shot dead in Karachi11:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Kinza Hashmi and Ameer Gilani gear up for new project09:23 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022