UAE releases 400 Pakistani prisoners amid coronavirus crisis
DUBAI - The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Tuesday released 400 Pakistani prisoners amid the situation of the outbreak of COVID-19.
In view of an understanding reached between the governments of UAE and Pakistan, those prisoners serving their terms in the UAE jails on minor offences, were released.
The embassy of Pakistan in Abu Dhabi in a statement said the prisoners were being repatriated through two special flights arranged by the UAE government.
A spokesman of UAE embassy in Islamabad confirmed here that a FlyDubai flight No. 8077 Dubai-Faisalabad carrying 186 passengers landed at Faisalabad International Airport on Tuesdat at 2321hrs.
The second FlyDubai flight No. 8381 Dubai-Peshawar with 189 passengers will land at Bacha Khan International Airport early Wednesday at 0130 hrs.
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Chinese young man devotes three years to improving rice production in ...07:06 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 68,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,441 confirmed ...07:03 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Gulf Air starts flights from Pakistan after suspension of three months06:39 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First bulk cargo ship reaches at Gwadar port: Asim Bajwa05:46 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020