Don’t appoint dual nationals on top positions, orders CJP
A three-judge bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Umar Atta Bandial and Justice Ijazul Ahsan, announced its verdict on a suo moto case pertaining to dual nationalities of government officers.
During Saturday’s hearing, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) submitted a list of around 1,000 dual nationals holding government offices. “719 officers had declared their dual national status while the others had hidden it,” the FIA informed the court.
SC directs defence ministry to submit report ... 09:32 AM | 1 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court has asked the Defence Ministry to submit a comprehensive report disclosing the dual ...
Failure to relinquish their other nationalities within the stipulated time should result in legal action, the court stated in its written order.
The bench remarked that government employees who hold foreign nationalities during the course of their employment are a threat to the interests of the state of Pakistan.
On September 24, the apex court had reserved its verdict on the case and had issued notices to the attorney general and the four provincial advocate generals in this regard.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 170 runs target for England in 6th T20I09:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan court declares 13-year-old Christian girl’s marriage as ...08:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan condemns terrorist attack on educational institution in Kabul07:29 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Meta invites Pakistan to marketing summit 202207:19 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new sizzling photos04:20 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Ranveer Singh shuts down separation rumours with Deepika Padukone03:53 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022