Don’t appoint dual nationals on top positions, orders CJP
A three-judge bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Umar Atta Bandial and Justice Ijazul Ahsan, announced its verdict on a suo moto case pertaining to dual nationalities of government officers.
During Saturday’s hearing, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) submitted a list of around 1,000 dual nationals holding government offices. “719 officers had declared their dual national status while the others had hidden it,” the FIA informed the court.
SC directs defence ministry to submit report ... 09:32 AM | 1 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court has asked the Defence Ministry to submit a comprehensive report disclosing the dual ...
Failure to relinquish their other nationalities within the stipulated time should result in legal action, the court stated in its written order.
The bench remarked that government employees who hold foreign nationalities during the course of their employment are a threat to the interests of the state of Pakistan.
On September 24, the apex court had reserved its verdict on the case and had issued notices to the attorney general and the four provincial advocate generals in this regard.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020