Pakistan lodges protest with Iran over FC convoy attack
A day earlier, as many as six Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom while 14 others were left wounded when around 30 terrorists ambushed a Frontier Constabulary (FC) convoy which was patrolling along the Pakistan-Iran border; in retaliation, four terrorists were also killed.
No group had claimed responsibility for the attack.
Six security personnel martyred as FC convoy ... 08:47 PM | 14 Dec, 2018
QUETTA - Six Frontier Constabulary officials were martyred in an attack in Balochistan’s Kech district on Friday when ...
However, the Iranian ambassador to Pakistan was summoned to the Foreign Office to lodge a strong protest against the tragic incident.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office of Pakistan said in a statement that the Iranian government was urged to "carry out effective operation against the terrorist group responsible for the attack on its side of the border".
The Foreign Office also underscored the need for an effective border coordination mechanism to avoid such incidents in future, the statement read.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar's fiancé arrives in Karachi tomorrow10:58 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020