The shocking reason AIDS is spreading in this Pakistani village for last 15 years
Chaudhry Mohammad Akram, a village elder from Kot Momin tehsil of Sargodha district, had earlier this week sent an application to Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, in which he drew the government attention towards the prevalence of this sexually transmitted virus among 600 individuals in a population of nearly 5,000 people.
In the application, Akram had urged the chief minister to send teams of the health department and doctors, specialized in tackling the disease, to the area in order to control it.
Soon after the application of Kot Imrana’s numberdar reached the CM Office, a health department team was dispatched to conduct screening of each and every village resident – which has brought forward shocking results.
Initial investigation carried out by Dr Nusrat of Punjab Health department reveals the virus had emerged in the area after a quack, Allah Ditta, started treating the patients some 15 years ago. The man himself died from an AIDS-related illness.
Orders for HIV screening of every resident of the village have been issued and the area has been declared highly sensitive.
Names of the infected people will be kept confidential, according to health officials.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020