The shocking reason AIDS is spreading in this Pakistani village for last 15 years
Chaudhry Mohammad Akram, a village elder from Kot Momin tehsil of Sargodha district, had earlier this week sent an application to Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, in which he drew the government attention towards the prevalence of this sexually transmitted virus among 600 individuals in a population of nearly 5,000 people.
In the application, Akram had urged the chief minister to send teams of the health department and doctors, specialized in tackling the disease, to the area in order to control it.
Sargodha’s village declared highly sensitive ... 03:47 PM | 12 Feb, 2018
SARGODHA - In what appeared to be great negligence on the part of the health department, the virus of a lethal disease, ...
Soon after the application of Kot Imrana’s numberdar reached the CM Office, a health department team was dispatched to conduct screening of each and every village resident – which has brought forward shocking results.
Initial investigation carried out by Dr Nusrat of Punjab Health department reveals the virus had emerged in the area after a quack, Allah Ditta, started treating the patients some 15 years ago. The man himself died from an AIDS-related illness.
Orders for HIV screening of every resident of the village have been issued and the area has been declared highly sensitive.
Names of the infected people will be kept confidential, according to health officials.
- Grenade attack kills one, wounds five others in Balochistan's Khuzdar03:51 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022