Teen dead, 16 injured after swing falls in Karachi amusement park (VIDEO)
The 16-seater 'Monster' ride suddenly fell down in Askari Park of the Old Sabzi Mandi area, killing 13-year-old Kashaf and injuring nearly two dozens others.
The swing was opened for a trial on Sunday but was shut down soon after the accident. A video shared by a social media user shows the ride came thundering down.
Another video footage of the horrific incident shows people desperately trying to help those trapped soon after a part of the ride that can spin a complete 360-degree revolution crashed to the ground.
Security forces rushed to the site and closed the Askari Amusement Park, near Old Sabzi Mandi. It was opened to public on Eid-ul-Fitr after addition of new swings and rides.
Children and women are among the injured who were shifted to the Jinnah Hospital, Karachi.
Commissioner Saleh Farooqui of Karachi launched an initial investigation after he visited Askari Park following the mishap.
He said that the park will be closed until a full technical check-up is complete, adding the government would bear the expenses incurred to treat the injured people.
He further explained that legal action would be taken against the park administration, besides looking into how the park managed to obtain a no-objection certificate (NOC).
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020