Beijing boosts production of Chinese-Pakistani made JF-17 fighter jets
BEIJING – China has ramped up production of JF-17 fighter jet, which was jointly developed with Pakistan.
In the first half of 2020, the number of aircraft delivered was the most in the past five years, according to industry reports.
As of June 30, the production line of the JF-17 has on average shortened the production period of a single aircraft by 15 days compared to last year, Global Times while quoting China Aviation News, a newspaper affiliated with the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), reported on Wednesday.
The Pakistani Air Force is the main operator of JF-17 fighter jets. Myanmar also flies the Chinese-Pakistani made fighter jets.
The latest, powered-up version of the JF-17, known as the JF-17 Block 3, made its maiden flight in December 2019, the Aerospace Knowledge magazine reported then.
In March 2019, Yang Wei, chief designer of the China-Pakistan co-developed fighter jet, said development and production of the JF-17 Block 3 was underway, and the third block will see the JF-17’s information-based warfare capability and weapons upgraded.
Some other countries have also approached AVIC about purchasing the JF-17 Block 3, Yang said last year.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020