CM Buzdar ropes in Salman Shah as Adviser on economic affairs
A notification to this effect was issued on Wednesday after Akram Chaudhry tendered resignation from the slot; he had reportedly excused himself from taking over as Food Authority Chairman.
The economist has been advised to assume responsibilities immediately as the government gears up to present the budget for the fiscal year 2019-20, next month.
Dr Salman Shah served as an adviser to prime minister Shaukat Aziz in 2004-08 with the status of a federal minister during the Musharraf regime and has appeared in TV talk shows in recent times.
Earlier, last month, Asad Umar stepped down as the federal finance minister. He was replaced by Abdul Hazeez Sheikh who took over as Prime Minister Imran Khan’s adviser on finance and brokered an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- LoC: Four children among 11 injured after Indian shell hits AJK ...12:01 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Will Nawaz Sharif return to Pakistan for mother’s funeral?10:33 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Fever rules Fakhar Zaman out of NZ tour09:53 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan announce 35-man squad for New Zealand 2020/2109:20 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Not so Pop! What went wrong with VELO Sound Station?11:45 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- Indian comedian Bharti Singh, husband arrested for possessing drugs08:46 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- New Pakistani couple start life journey with a puff!06:33 PM | 21 Nov, 2020