CM Buzdar ropes in Salman Shah as Adviser on economic affairs
LAHORE - The Government of Punjab appointed Dr Salman Shah as an adviser to Chief Minister Punjab Usman Buzdar on economic affairs and planning.
A notification to this effect was issued on Wednesday after Akram Chaudhry tendered resignation from the slot; he had reportedly excused himself from taking over as Food Authority Chairman.
The economist has been advised to assume responsibilities immediately as the government gears up to present the budget for the fiscal year 2019-20, next month.
Dr Salman Shah served as an adviser to prime minister Shaukat Aziz in 2004-08 with the status of a federal minister during the Musharraf regime and has appeared in TV talk shows in recent times.
Earlier, last month, Asad Umar stepped down as the federal finance minister. He was replaced by Abdul Hazeez Sheikh who took over as Prime Minister Imran Khan’s adviser on finance and brokered an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020